Airlie Beach Lagoon
The Airlie Beach lagoon is perfect for spending a day relaxing by the huge landscaped pool, gardens, BBQ’s, kids playgrounds and man-made beach.
The Airlie Beach Lagoon is FREE and open to everyone. The lagoon is 4,300sqm and 4.5 million litres of fresh, self-chlorinated water, located parallel to the Main Street, on the foreshore of Airlie Beach. It provides an environment that is completely safe from stingers, all year round.
It is built on a raised breakwater, giving an excellent view out to the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Islands.
Lifeguards patrol the lagoon from 9am – 7pm during winter and 8am – 9pm during summer. The lagoon area is currently not pet-friendly.
- Shaded picnic tables
- Children’s Play ground
- Showers and toilets – including disabled
- Children’s wading pool with shade
- Children’s pool- 1.5 metre depth maximum
- Larger pool – maximum depth of 2 metres
- Separate swimming lanes for fitness enthusiasts
- Security after hours
First Aid trained staff
- 24-hour CCTV monitoring
- Easy-to-understand signage/rules using universal symbols
- Sensor-operated lighting on pathways that goes on and off at dusk/dawn
We’ve put together some amazing trip itineraries to help you enjoy your time in the Whitsundays and Airlie Beach – we live here and love our area and want to share our knowledge with you. Whether you are travelling solo, with your family or as part of a small group, we have the perfect travel plan for you! Click here for details.